SB Friedman brings a unique approach to market analysis due to our extensive experience in working on the entire predevelopment process from the vision to the deal. This experience allows us to function as a “proxy developer,” guiding a market-feasible planning process that results in plans that get built. The end product of our analysis is a development program that is a forecast of what a developer can realistically build on a site or how a subarea will evolve as individual sites are developed. Our forecast of market potential is based on a rigorous analysis that includes:
- Detailed assessment of fundamental study area attributes in terms of multi-modal transportation access, visibility and unique local market context;
- Data-driven assessment of both the supply and demand sides of the market for each land use;
- Interviews with the real estate development community, stakeholders and local industry experts;
- Tracking of evolving market trends, including changing demographics, the rise of e-commerce, increasing preferences for more experiential retail and services, and growth of entrepreneurship, and the implications of these forces on real estate markets; and
- Developing market recommendations and strategies that draw on over 40 years of experience in real estate financial analysis and public-private deal structuring.