Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Full-time position
Experience: 1-3 years
We are seeking a resourceful, organized, dedicated, creative and enthusiastic professional to support our firm in preparing proposal and qualifications submittals to win new projects and maintain and update all marketing collateral. The Marketing Coordinator will also conduct proofing of our project deliverables/ reports to help ensure quality and consistency in our work products. In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a sharp eye for detail, strong writing and grammar skills, some experience in graphic design, experience in social media, and an interest in urban planning and/or economic development.
About Our Firm
SB Friedman provides analytical, strategic and financial consulting services in support of complex, high-impact development projects. Founded in 1990, we serve a full range of clients in the public, private and nonprofit/institutional sectors. Our mission is to help our clients create equitable, resilient and well-designed communities through the practice of real estate economics, development finance and urban planning.
- Assist in preparing proposals and qualifications submittals in response to Requests for Proposals/Qualifications
- Proofread/edit technical memoranda, reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Organize and maintain/update marketing materials (e.g., project summaries, resumes)
- Organize and maintain/update image archive
- Maintain and update the firm website and any social media accounts, e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter
- Draft e-newsletters and conduct other brief writing assignments
- Conduct online research (e.g., marketing research, project research, vendor research)
- Assist in update/design of marketing materials and office templates in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS; update and design marketing/presentation graphics
- Research/coordinate with vendors (e.g., web designer/developer, photographer, advertising representatives, promotional item vendors)
- Work with Office Assistant to maintain contact database
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent writing/communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Strong command of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and editing
- Ability to organize data/files efficiently
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
- Skilled at navigating/researching on the Internet
- Skilled in using online marketing platforms and social media, e.g., MailChimp, LinkedIn, Twitter
We are focused on the professional success of our employees and offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus compensation
- Hybrid in-office and remote work policy
- Generous benefits packages, including company-paid health and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, vacation, parental leave, and 10+ paid holidays
- Paid membership to professional organization to encourage professional growth
- Employer-backed volunteering events taking place throughout Chicago and corporate matching of charitable donations
- Regular peer-delivered “brown bag” sessions on topics of professional interest
- Monthly happy hours and staff get-togethers
- Downtown office location accessible via multiple modes of transportation
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, pregnancy, marital status, familial status, parental status, cultural differences, physical appearance, arrest or conviction record, political beliefs, military status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. To view our firm's Civil Rights Compliance and Affirmative Action Plan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to email@example.com, addressed to Grace Kim. If available, please send a writing sample and graphic design sample as well. Please include “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete submittals or submittals in other formats may not be considered or reviewed.