Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Full-time position
SB Friedman is a development consulting firm with a mission to guide and enable our clients to create high-quality places through the practice of real estate economics, development finance and urban planning. We are seeking a resourceful, organized, dedicated, creative and enthusiastic professional with a sharp eye for detail, strong writing and grammar skills, experience in social media, and an interest in planning and economic development. Some experience in graphic design is required.
- Assist in preparing proposals and qualifications submittals in response to Requests for Proposals/Qualifications
- Proofread/edit technical memoranda, reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Organize and maintain/update marketing materials (e.g., project summaries, resumes)
- Organize and maintain/update image archive
- Maintain and update the firm website and any social media accounts, e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter
- Draft e-newsletters and conduct other brief writing assignments
- Conduct online research (e.g., marketing research, project research, vendor research)
- Assist in update/design of marketing materials and office templates in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS; update and design marketing/presentation graphics
- Research/coordinate with vendors (e.g., web designer/developer, photographer, advertising representatives, promotional item vendors)
- Work with Office Assistant to maintain contact database
- Track advertising opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent writing/communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to organize data/files efficiently
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Strong command of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
- Skilled at navigating/researching on the Internet
- Skilled in using online marketing platforms and social media, e.g., MailChimp, LinkedIn, Twitter
The firm supports the professional growth of its staff and encourages all professionals to become active in professional and trade organizations. Salaries and benefits are competitive, based on experience, and are augmented by performance-based bonus compensation.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter, resume and writing sample (in PDF format) addressed to Grace Kim. If available, please upload a graphic design sample as well. Please include “Marketing Coordinator” in the “Job Title” field.