Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Full-time position
We’re seeking an Associate to work with our growing community development finance team and New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) practice to support innovative, impact-driven development projects nationwide. This position will specialize in assignments that focus on monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and communicating outcomes of high-impact community development projects in low-income communities. Located in Chicago’s Loop, we are a mission-driven advisor specializing in public-private partnerships and development projects that support community revitalization, placemaking and social equity
The ideal candidate for this position is a curious, critical thinker that enjoys digging into quantitative data and qualitative information and presenting findings in clear, logical writing. The successful applicant will be resourceful, comfortable working in unstructured environments, detail oriented, and a very strong communicator. If you’re intellectually curious and committed to creating positive change in underserved communities, please apply.
- Analyze and synthesize disparate data sources and project information into compelling narratives to attract impact-focused financing
- Prepare competitive NMTC applications for submittal to U.S. Treasury
- Assess how specific projects address community needs through analysis of primary and third-party data sources
- Research and document the anticipated impacts of projects through interviews, site visits, and review of reports, questionnaires, and data sets
- Support annual community impact surveying of projects to monitor and measure realized impacts of projects
- Develop customized community benefits agreements between lenders/investors and project sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Economics, Urban Planning, or a related field
- 1+ year relevant professional experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Quantitative analysis skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel
- Strength in oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to community revitalization, economic development and sustainability
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Economic Development, Nonprofit Management, Public Policy, Public Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in related fields such as policy research, impact assessment, grant writing, or community revitalization.
Applicants with additional or equivalent combinations of experience/qualifications are encouraged to apply; the firm may tailor the position for the right candidate.
We are focused on the professional success of our employees and offer the following:
- Competitive salary based on professional experience
- Performance-based bonus compensation
- Generous benefits packages, including company-paid health and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, vacation, and 10+ paid holidays
- Paid membership to professional organization to encourage professional growth in field
- Regular internal brown bags
- Newly renovated offices overlooking the Chicago River in the Loop
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Please upload a cover letter, resume and a written sample of your professional work (preferably in PDF format) addressed to Ryan Hagerty. Please include “Associate – Community Impact Assessment” in the “Job Title” field.