Join Our Team
SB Friedman Development Advisors is constantly looking for motivated, enthusiastic and accomplished professionals to join our talented team. Opportunities that are currently open are listed on this page. If your background and experience fit the requirements of the position, we welcome you to submit the requested materials for review. If there are no current openings that match your experience, feel free to send your resume, which we will keep on file until a suitable position becomes available. Thank you for your interest in joining SB Friedman.
ASSOCIATE – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FINANCE
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full-time position
We’re seeking an Associate to work with our growing community development finance team to support innovative, impact-driven community/economic development projects nationwide. Located in Chicago’s Loop, we are a mission-driven advisor specializing in public-private partnerships and development projects that support community revitalization, placemaking and social equity. This position will be in our New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) practice and will specialize in assignments that provide exposure to financing tools that support public, nonprofit, and private organizations serving low-income communities.
- Administer portfolio of existing loans, including loan servicing, borrower reporting, investor compliance and bookkeeping
- Measure, analyze and report community impacts of prospective and past projects
- Underwrite, structure and provide closing support for complex transactions
- Prepare competitive NMTC applications for submittal to U.S. Treasury
- Review potential projects that could benefit from NMTC financing and other financing tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Urban Planning, or a related field
- 1+ year relevant professional experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel
- Strength in oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to community revitalization, economic development and sustainability
- A Master’s degree in Urban Planning/Economic Development, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in related fields such as policy research, tax credit finance, real estate financial analysis, or real estate development.
Applicants with additional or equivalent combinations of experience/qualifications are encouraged to apply; the firm may tailor the position for the right candidate.
We are focused on the professional success of our employees and offer the following:
- Competitive salary based on professional experience
- Performance-based bonus compensation
- Generous benefits packages, including company-paid health and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, vacation, and 10+ paid holidays
- Paid membership to professional organization to encourage professional growth in field
- Regular internal brown bags
- Newly renovated offices overlooking the Chicago River in the Loop
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Please respond by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a written sample of your professional work by email. Submit materials to Ryan Hagerty at email@example.com.